Tanning activity in Pescia goes back to the middle ages. In the second half of the XIV century a tanner’s guild already existed. In 1427 there were five shoemakers, five furriers, a saddler and two craftsmen.
The “Guidi and Rosellini” tannery was founded in 1896 when the partners Guido Guidi, Giovanni Rosellini and Gino Ulivi got together with a joint stock of 75.000 italian lire to set up the company which was at the time located in Pescia in Via del Giocatoio n.8.
Giovanni Rosellini died on the 23rd of August, 1923. His share was taken by Gino Ulivi and Guido Guidi who called the new company “Guidi and Rosellini’s successors”. In 1934 the tannery was enlarged by the purchase for 95.000 italian lire of an a joining building owned by Gino Ulivi.